Last updated: June 10, 2018
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Steve Garcia Online (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://stevegarciaonline.com (the “Site”).
Formal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
This blog/site may (now or in the future) accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Even though the owners of this blog may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Some of the advertisements are generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements may or may not be identified as paid advertisements.
This website contains endorsements for products and services, which means when you click on a link from this website and take a specific action, such as making a purchase or signing up for an offer, “SteveGarciaOnline” may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link (like links to external resources and references), but some are.
Informal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
This website (“SteveGarciaOnline”) may now or in the future contain endorsements for products and services. Meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, the owners of the site may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link (one we get paid for) or advertisement, but some are. Some products will be our own.
We may occasionally place banner ads on the site that will also result in commission. Furthermore, some of the text/image ads throughout the site are generated by a third party ad network like Google AdSense. These are not explicitly endorsed by us; they are chosen by via an algorithm (and, hopefully they are relevant to the page material!).
If you have any questions about the bloggers’ affiliation with a certain product or ad, feel free to contact the author of the post in question for additional details.
Routine Information Collection
All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Controlling Your Privacy
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
Updated Terms of Service – GDPR Compliance
On the Website, you may (now or in the future) purchase a wide range of products. Including but not limited to: art prints, posters, art books, Sketch books, designer mugs, designer t-shirts, original artwork, concept art, etc.
Please note that, if you purchase any products from “SteveGarciaOnline”(prints, sketchbooks etc), via the Site, we may ask you to provide us with your credit card number, expiration date, and authentication codes or related information to complete the purchase. Products may be purchased only by persons over the age of 18.
“SteveGarciaOnline” uses “Woocommerce”, an open source e-commerce plugin for WordPress for selling of products online/over the internet.
Areas of the Sites where visitors can make purchases are run by a third party:
“Paypal” and or “Stripe”.
“Paypal” and or “Stripe” are both payment gateways that accepts credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
BOTH “Paypal” and“Stripe”, go to great lengths to protect your Personal Information.
The information you provide to “SteveGarciaOnline”, or “Paypal” and or “Stripe”, such as cardholder name, credit card number, billing address, check routing number, account number, or the like, will be used by “SteveGarciaOnline”, in connection with “Paypal” and or “Stripe”, for the purpose of correctly authorizing and processing your purchase. Any information you provide on or through any such purchase areas of the Site is subject to “Paypal” and or “Stripe’s”, individual privacy policies.
While all Sales are final. “SteveGarciaOnline” has a no return or exchange policy with the exception of special circumstances below:
- Seller Error: If we made a mistake, such as sending the wrong item, please contact us at email@example.com within 15 days of receiving and we will begin processing your return and replacement at no additional cost to you. Images of incorrect product may be required, and call tags will be issued prior to the replacement shipping.
- Defective items: If you receive an item with a manufacturer’s defect, please contact us within 15 days of receiving your order to arrange for a replacement. Images are required and all replacements are subject to our customer service discretion.
- Shipping Damage: If your purchase arrived damaged, please contact us as soon as possible to initiate a parcel damage claim. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with photographs of the package and damaged contents. *Please note that a minor packaging flaw that doesn’t affect the contents is not considered a defect or damage for parcel insurance or refund claims. A small bend, scuff or indentation on exterior packaging can occur at any point in the manufacturing, supply or shipping processes.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: The Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, The Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
The Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To fulfill orders placed on the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- WooCommerce- an open source e-commerce plugin for WordPress for selling of products online/over the internet.
- PayPal – this service is used for payment processing on ecommerce products. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
- Stripe – this service is used for payment processing on ecommerce products. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, “SteveGarciaOnline” will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, “SteveGarciaOnline” may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, “SteveGarciaOnline” may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka
web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
As part of this Affiliate program, the Website (“SteveGarciaOnline”) will post customized links, provided by the individual affiliate, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by notifying us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This Website (“SteveGarciaOnline”) may now and in the future, engage in affiliate marketing. This means that if you use an affiliate link to make a purchase, this Website will receive a commission on that purchase. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.
From time to time, this Website (“SteveGarciaOnline”) may post sponsored content from an advertiser. This means that an advertiser, which may be a brand, agency, or influencer network, will contract with “SteveGarciaOnline” to create content featuring certain messages or product placement. Pursuant to the FTC’s requirements, all such advertisements on the Website are clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
Even though compensation (cash, free product, services) is received for in exchange for this sponsored content placement, “SteveGarciaOnline” gives its honest opinion, findings, believes, or experiences in such content. All views expressed on the Website are those of the content creator. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
“SteveGarciaOnline” has made every effort to ensure that all information on the Website have been tested for accuracy. “SteveGarciaOnline” makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Website.
All Website content are provided for informational purposes only.
“SteveGarciaOnline” has made every effort to ensure that all materials within the Website have been tested for accuracy. There is no guarantee that you will see positive results to your business using the techniques and materials provided by “SteveGarciaOnline”. “SteveGarciaOnline” assumes no management responsibility for your decisions or for policies or practices that you implement.
The information or opinion provided on the Website, is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
“SteveGarciaOnline” make no representations or warranties in relation to the information provided in the content.
“SteveGarciaOnline” disclaims liability for incidental or consequential damages and assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of use of the information provided on the Website. “SteveGarciaOnline” assumes or undertakes no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of any information or opinions found on the Website.
You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information, and tutorials provided on the Website. “SteveGarciaOnline” makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Unless otherwise stated, “SteveGarciaOnline” owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Website;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on this website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Website is included.
From time to time, the Website will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of “SteveGarciaOnline” intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to What Mommy Does.
You must not use the Website in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impair the availability of access to the Website. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Website, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use the Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting on or in relation to the Website without “SteveGarciaOnline” express written permission.
You must not use the Website to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Website for any third-party marketing without “SteveGarciaOnline’s” express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content and all components of the Website are copyrights owned by “SteveGarciaOnline” or third parties and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
You grant “SteveGarciaOnline” a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute any content you contribute to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant “SteveGarciaOnline” the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTED TO THE WEBSITE
Any content you contribute to the site, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third-party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or“SteveGarciaOnline” or a third party.
“SteveGarciaOnline” reserves the right to edit or remove: (i) any material submitted to the Website; (ii) stored on “SteveGarciaOnline”’s servers; or, (iii) hosted or published on the Website. “SteveGarciaOnline” takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
The Website offers the option for you to leave comments, engaging with the Website’s posts. The following types of comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted:
- harassment directed toward any content creator or “SteveGarciaOnline”;
- hate speech;
- defamatory to “SteveGarciaOnline” or any third party;
- reference illegal acts; or,
- violate the legal rights of a third party.
“SteveGarciaOnline”’s sole discretion will be used to determine if a comment is in violation of this comment policy. Any comments in violation will be promptly deleted and no further explanation will be due to you if your comment was determined to be in violation with this policy.
From time to time, the Website will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.
If you send “SteveGarciaOnline” an email, register to use the Website or provide your email to “SteveGarciaOnline” in any other way, you consent to receive communications from “SteveGarciaOnline” electronically. You agree that all legal notices provided via electronic means from “SteveGarciaOnline” satisfy any requirement for written notice.
Prior to engaging in any commercial transactions with any third parties discovered through or linked on the Website, you must complete any necessary investigation or due diligence. If there is a dispute for any commercial transactions with a third party discovered through or linked on the Website, you expressly hold “SteveGarciaOnline” harmless from any and all liability in any dispute.
The Website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. “SteveGarciaOnline” makes no representations or warranties in relation to the Website or the information and materials provided therein.
“SteveGarciaOnline” makes no warranty the Website will meet your requirements; will be available uninterrupted; timely and free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. “SteveGarciaOnline” is not responsible to you for the loss of any content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website. The Website is written in English and makes no warranty regarding translation or interpretation of content in any language.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
“SteveGarciaOnline” WILL NOT BE LIABILE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.